Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What a busy, busy life......

Howdy Ya'll :)

I didn't realize it had been so long since I had made a post. Not that people visit everyday to read, but I missed it. The horse show and ride went great. Finally got a chance to sign on and check mine and Desert Girl's blogs and my internet went down ! Can you believe that there are still remote enough places in the US that our only option for internet is the ole dial-up ? What the crap ??

So nehoo, then it's time for Thanksgiving. Always a huge deal in my home. Kids and friends come over, we cook dishes for day's before the big event. This is when all diets are off limits. Cell phones are turned off, TV is turned off and we sit and play board games, card games, etc. I love this time of year but it's really the busiest time for me. Mares or getting ready to foal, weather is nasty, frozen water pipes to thaw out, have to break the frozen water on the ponds for the horses and cattle...and that's just the beginning. I wouldnt' change a thing though !!

We actually had a really freak snow storm here this past Sunday. It was only suppose to be snow showers and we ended up getting like 3 inches of it. Not enough to build a snowman, but there was enough to make some sweet snow icecream. Yum Yum. We are suppose to get more tomorrow, Wednesday. This is actually pretty early in the year for us to be getting this much snow this early.

Gotta go dig out my long-johns............

~ Amirah ~

No comments: